The Millennials Making Moves Brunch
An Empowerment Event for Millennials Seeking Career Advancement
The Millennials Making Moves Brunch: An Innovative Networking Event Providing Strategies to Propel Millennial Career Ambitions to the Next Level
Montgomery, AL – May 30, 2017 – Born between 1980 and 2000, Millennials make up 25% of the current population, the biggest generation in American History. They’re the most educated generation in American history with over 63% of Millennials having a Bachelor’s Degree. There are currently 40 million Millennials in the workplace, and 54% either want to start a business or have already started one.
Myrtice Carter (www.myrticecarter.com), Hostess of The Millennials Making Moves Brunch, is a Career Advancement Coach for Millennials. She’s also the creator of Motivating Ordinary Millennials, a group providing volunteer opportunities for community service activities, mentorship, fundraisers and promotion of educational and career development. She’s put together an exciting event geared toward Millennials.
The Millennials Making Moves Brunch will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2017, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. at the Sanctuary, 432 Goldthwaite St., Montgomery, Alabama 36104. Millennials will gain strategies to unlock their hidden potential and take their career ambitions to the next level.
A panel of Millennial experts will lead lively discussions on topics ranging from Survival in the Workplace to Financial Stability:
· Jasmine York-Ball is a publications specialist with over seven years of experience. She writes full-time for a local management company and is co-creator and Editor in Chief of BlackTie Magazine – a community-based publication in Montgomery from the African American perspective, helping readers get informed, get inspired, and get involved!
· Danarius Hemphill, also referred to as “Dr. D”, holds five degrees. He is a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership and has a Master of Arts – Social Justice (Public Policy). He is one of the newest, freshest and emerging voices of our generation. He’s a leader, educator, speaker, activist, and generation-changer who truly understands the importance of leaving a positive impact and legacy for the future generation of progressive leaders in both his community, the Metropolitan Detroit area, and abroad.
· Jalisa Jackson is a nurse, yoga teacher and wellness consultant. Her business, VIP Holistic Wellness Consulting, promotes and advocates wellness for health professionals by cultivating work environments that support healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
· Tim Moore is the programmer of many things IT. He holds degrees from both ASU and AUM and has 11+ years of experience involving web development and client-side scripting and design, working within the public sector and U.S. Government Agencies. He is a volunteer Track & Field Coach for ASU and a volunteer with the College of Business at ASU. He’s a member of the USATF and an avid runner.
· Brianca Hardy is a speaker, youth mentor, prophetic dancer, choreographer and Founder of Dancing In The Rain Ministries, a faith-based organization challenging teenage girls and women of all ages to embrace life's seasons of brokenness, rising above the pressures of tough times and celebrating the harvest each rainy season brings.
Attendees of The Millennials Making Moves Brunch can expect:
· An Expert Panel of Millennials
· Networking and Career Advancement Opportunities
· Grab bags and Giveaways
· Tasty food and the most inspired weekend adult beverage, the Mimosa
· A phenomenally fun and potentially life-changing experience!
Register online at https://millennialsmakingmovesbrunch.eventbrite.com. Tickets: General Admission – $25.00; Vendor Table – $50.00